The job exchange for employers and refugees
Plant-a-Talent is a non-profit company that prepares refugees and immigrants for their job search and supports them throughout the entire hiring process. Since April 2016 – the inception of the operation in Munich, the company has helped over 150 candidates find a job. This young growing company achieves job placement success by closely supervising and coordinating the preparation process with each individual candidate. They personally meet with all of candidates and advise them on their present employment options and how they can improve their qualifications. Plant-a-Talent helps all types of candidates – with a range of talents, education and work experience to find a job so they can grow their skill set and integrate into German society.
The Plant-a-Talent mission:
- To create a world that welcomes refugees and immigrants
- To contribute to a harmonious society that promotes integration into the community and workforce
- To encourage cultural diversity and exchange for an enriched society
Since February 2018, Plant-a-Talent is certified as a private job agency. This certificate allows them to receive fees – via the redemption of job placement vouchers – from Federal Employment Agency (BAA) and state run job centers. Plant-a-Talent also generates income with its corporate mentoring programs.
At present, Plant-a-Talent is funded by donations and sponsorships since the income generated by job placements, corporate mentoring programs and HR consulting work is not yet high enough to cover all operating expenses.
The facts speak for themselves:
- Since January 2018, Plant-a-Talent started two corporate mentoring programs with Amazon in Munich. The total program consisted of 46 Mentors and 23 Mentees. We very much appreciate the support from Amazon and their Amazon.Smile program. The next Amazon mentoring program will commence in January 2019.
- In October 2018, Salesforce’s corporate mentoring program was re-started with about 10 mentors and 5 mentees in Munich. The program will be expanded during the fourth quarter of 2018 and during the first quarter of 2019.
- Our private volunteer/mentoring program was also re-launched and we now have 12 active mentors and 12 mentees participating in this program.
- We would like thank goetzpartners for their dedicated support and commitment in helping our job-seeking candidates with job interview, job preparation and job search workshops at our offices.
- Since June 2018, we have undertaken a more direct approach towards possible employers and hope to increase direct job placements at Plant-a-Talent during the fourth quarter of 2018 and in 2019.
- During the months August and September 2018, 35 candidates found a job, either directly or indirectly, using our CV workshop, the goetzpartners job preparation course and via our corporate and private mentoring programs.
- The number of active candidates in our database now stands at approximately 280 since many initial candidates have secured jobs or have moved away from Munich.
- Recruitment of new candidates continues and we have expanded our candidate recruitment profile to include people with immigration backgrounds.
- We are presently in constant personal contact with about 95 active candidates with our small team of 8 people.
In March 2017, Grace Impact bought 50% of the Plant-a-Talent shares and will become sole shareholder in November 2018. Dinese Hannewald is the Managing Partner/CEO at the company.